6. Danish Conference on Biotechnology and Molecular Biology
Synthetic Biology and Cell Factories
|Date||Thursday, May 26 - Friday, May 27, 2011|
|Location||Hotel Munkebjerg, Vejle|
|Organizers||Danish Biotechnological Society, Danish Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and BioPeople|
Synthetic biology includes the design and construction of new biological systems and devices, as well as and re-designing existing, natural biological systems for industrial utilisation. Synthetic biology is used for rational and systematic design and synthesis of complex systems, which may display functions that do not exist in nature. The conference will focus on the use of synthetic biology for optimization and design of cell factories in relation to chemical industry, energy and pharmaceuticals. But first of all, the conference will give a basic introduction to synthetic biology including concepts, methods, opportunities and limitations.
The scientific programme will include sessions on
- Perspectives in synthetic biology
- In silico design and engineering of metabolic pathways in yeast and fungi
- Gene networks and new genetic codes
- Cell free systems and cell assembly
- Synthetic biology in plants
- DNA technology and molecular devices
- Björn Hamberger, KU-Life, Copenhagen University, Denmark
- Jens Nielsen, Chalmers University, Sweden
- Jette Thykær, DTU, Denmark
- Jörg Stelling, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
- Jørgen Kjems, Århus University, Denmark
- Martin Fussenegger ETH Zürich, Switzerland
- Nils Jakob Vest Hansen, Vipergen, Denmark
- Peter Ulvskov, KU-Life, Copenhagen University, Denmark
- Poul Erik Jensen, KU-Life, Copenhagen University, Denmark
- Radha Krishnakumar, J. Craig Venter Institute, Maryland, USA
- Steen Rasmussen, SDU, Denmark
- Sven Panke ETH Zürich, Switzerland
The conference will include a poster session covering a broad range of topics on biotechnology as well as a commercial exhibition of equipment, consumables and services to Danish biotechnology.
Regular fee: Members of DBS, DSBMB or BioPeople: 3200 Kr. Non-members 3700 Kr.
Reduced fee for Ph.D. and Master Students: Members of DBS or DSBMB 1600 Kr. Non-members 2100 Kr.
One-day participants 800 Kr. Number of participants is limited to 150.
Deadline for registration and poster abstracts: May 1, 2011.
Secretariat and vendor exhibition contact
Eva Maj Holmgaard, IDA Netværkscenter, Kalvebod Brygge 31 - 33, DK-1780 Kbh V Tel.: 33 18 46 45, Fax: 33 18 48 99, e-mail:email@example.com.
The conference is organised in collaboration with Danish Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology as well as BioPeople.